February 21, 2011

Chalkboard Cabinet Door

I found this old cabinet door and was drawn to the scalloped edge at the top.  I also loved that it had the hardward still attached.  I knew I would be able to do something with it!

I started out by cleaning the door and doing a light sanding.


I taped off the inside and painted the outer part a robin's egg blue (found a quart for 2.99).  I think I gave it about 3 coats of blue and carefully removed the painter's tape.



I then painted the inside section with chalkboard paint and let dry over night.  My hubs added some brackets and picture wire to the back and hung it from a nail.  I had to move my "blogs and coffee" print to a different spot in my kitchen, because this was the ONLY space for my new chalkboard!



I just love the way it turned out and I love the pop of color!  Now you know what we had for dinner and dessert on Saturday!



3 comments:

  1. That's the cutest idea! I love it. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up to Thrifty Thursdays! I love how it turned out. I love the curves on the door too!
    Lyssa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say and I will do my best to answer all questions as quickly as possible. I will respond to comments/questions in the comments feed unless you prefer I email you, in which case, please leave your email address.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...