I started out by cleaning the door and doing a light sanding.
I taped off the inside and painted the outer part a robin's egg blue (found a quart for 2.99). I think I gave it about 3 coats of blue and carefully removed the painter's tape.
I then painted the inside section with chalkboard paint and let dry over night. My hubs added some brackets and picture wire to the back and hung it from a nail. I had to move my "blogs and coffee" print to a different spot in my kitchen, because this was the ONLY space for my new chalkboard!
I just love the way it turned out and I love the pop of color! Now you know what we had for dinner and dessert on Saturday!